Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Meal #3 - Three-Cheese Chicken & Noodles

Although today's recipe went into the crock pot, there was a lot more prep than I am used to. It was a new recipe that sounded good, so I decided to give it a try. Luckily, most of the things that needed to be cooked and chopped before-hand were located in my freezer, so all I had to do was cook the noodes and give some ingredients a good soak in some hot water. It turned out really good, though! ENJOY!
  1. 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
  2. 1.5 cups Cottage Cheese
  3. 1 can condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
  4. 1 package (8 ounces) wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
  5. 1 cup diced green and/or red bell pepper
  6. 1 cup grated Monteray Jack cheese
  7. 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  8. 1/2 cup diced celery
  9. 1/2 cup diced onion
  10. 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
  11. 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
  12. 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
  13. 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
  14. Combine all ingredients in crock-pot. Stir to coat evenly. Cover and cook on LOW 6-10 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours

I actually substituted the can of sliced mushrooms for fresh mushrooms and then cooked them in some vegetable oil before adding it to the mix.

Dear H,

When we walked over your meal to you, I was a little frustrated with myself. Why can't I bring dinner on time? I feel like here I am, trying to do this nice thing for you and your family, and I can't even get it to you when I say I will. I promise, it is always cooked and ready to go 15-20 minutes before 5:45. I just can't get out the door. I guess a 4-month old will do that to you... how do you manage to do anything with 3 of them? I started thinking about you and your family, and almost instantly, my frustration was gone. O was asleep on your sister-in-law's lap when I got there, and A must have been sleeping, too, because I only saw K (or is it C?) there before leaving. Today's visit was quick because I had my husband and baby with me. I hope you know I'm here for you if you ever need anything. You seemed tired today, so I'm glad you had help from family and from the sleepy fairy. I hope you have a good night! The week is almost over...hang in there, H!

No comments:

Post a Comment