Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Meal #2 - Apricot Chicken

  1. Preheat oven to 350*.
  2. Mix a jar of Apricot Jam with a small bottle of Russian Salad Dressing on the stove. The heat will blend the two ingredients together to make a thin sauce.
  3. Pour the sauce over 6 Frozen Chicken Breasts.
  4. Cover with Tin Foil and cook for 1 Hour.
  5. Goes great with Rice!

Today when I took dinner over, the two little munchkins answered the door while H sat on the couch feeding her youngest. My plan was just to drop off the meal and leave so they could eat it while it was hot. Isn't it funny how nothing ever goes as planned?

Dear H,

You are such an inspiration to me. I cannot believe that you are dealing with everything you are right now - a new job, taking the kids to day care, being a mom to three kids under the age of 3 - and yet you are not a mess. You are getting through it. I loved that you opened up to me and talked about how you are really doing right now. I'm not sure if you feel close to me or if I was just there to listen, but either way, I am so glad I could help. Even if it was just for those short 20 minutes. I hope the kids like the Apricot Chicken, and I hope that you know that I'm not the one helping you out by making dinners... you are helping me by showing me what life is really all about. I can't wait to get to know you better. In all honesty, I look forward to starting dinner now!

I hope you realize how truly special you are. I pray for you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment