Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Meal #1 - Spaghetti!

My neighbor started a full time job yesterday. She had to put all three of her kids into day care, which she swore she would never do. But, with her optimistic attitude, she just said, "You do what you have to do."

I text her and asked if she would like dinner that night. "How do your kids like spaghetti?" I figured spaghetti was a safe, easy meal that most kids don't mind. I figured it would be the first step in the right direction.

I decided to make Mom's Parmesan Toast to go with it:
  1. Butter desired pieces of bread
  2. Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top
  3. Set on cooking pan
  4. Bake in oven on BROIL until the edges of the bread become toasted
Super easy, and delicious! I drove over to her house and knocked on the door. The 3-year old opened the door and let me in. Her brown curly hair was in a disheveled pony tail. She seemed excited and nervous to see me at the same time.

I set the meal on the table and started talking to H. I asked if I could make her something tonight, but she said they could have the leftover spaghetti. She didn't want me to get burned out with having to cook for her and her family. I couldn't believe that she was worried about me in all of this...

We'll see if I can take meal #2 over tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment