Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Little Bit About Me

Let me start by stating some important facts about me: I am not a chef. I hardly even cook for my husband. When I do cook, the meals are simple and easy to make - we're talking less than an hour unless it's in a crock pot. I am currently a stay-at-home mom to a 4-month old baby. Needless to say, I haven't had to deal with picky eaters quite yet. Hopefully, this project will be a success and I will be able to find meals that even 3-year olds won't mind.

The reason I am writing this blog is because I have recently started cooking dinner for a 20-year old single mom of three.

I want to record the easy, kid-friendly, yet adult appropriate recipes I find and attempt to create. I want to post everything I learn from this optimistic woman who amazes me with her drive for life. I want to help a friend in need. Hopefully, with a little humor and inspiration, this project can be a success and teach me as much about cooking as it can about the meaning of life.